Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sweet Caroline Creations

For those of you who don't know, I am a jewelry designer, maker, lover. 

It took me a while to come up with a company name, but when I came up with Sweet Caroline Creations, I knew that it was absolutely perfect. Caroline is my middle name and my father used to sing Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond to me when I was a baby. It was perfect. 


Sweet Caroline Creations was born in 2011 when I saw a lady that I worked with selling single stringed beaded bracelets for $40 each and thought to myself: "I am extremely creative, I can make something much nicer than that and for much less!" I personally believed that $40 for one stretch bracelet was a little too much, and they weren't even that great. That same day, I purchased $200 worth of beads online and could not wait to receive them, so I immediately went to a nearby bead store right after work. I somewhat went completely crazy when I walked in. My blood went up to my head, I got really hot, it was a deliciously exhilarating rush throughout my body and at that single moment I knew that making jewelry is exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I was completely moved by the smoothness and vibrant-ness of each stone, briolette and crystal. My time with jewelry making has been the most fulfilling of my 25 years of life. I am completely self-taught and have been handcrafting beautiful colorful pieces for the last two years.





Ever since I started making and selling my popular cluster bracelets, I have taken great pride in making a product that is classic and not something that everyone else is making. Each piece is original, and takes a long time to make! I pay great attention to the detail and color combinations to use for each piece. I always get compliments at craft shows and art fairs and I really have never seen jewelry quite like mine! 




I am currently self-employed and want to expand my business and possibly open my own storefront within a few years. For now, I will continue to make beautiful handmade jewelry in the comfort of my home :)I have my own website, and also sell on Etsy...if you wish to take a look :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment