Monday, June 11, 2012

Gym time and a Little Ray of Sunshine.

Hey everyone! I hope that this Monday has brought everyone a positive outlook on the week ahead.
I am currently home, with my brother watching Red Riding Hood. It looks awesome so far, but honestly, Amanda's Seyfried's bug-like eyes have always kinda freaked me out a bit.
I am glad that I am finally taking a rest, my day has been somewhat one that felt like it would never end.
I woke up early, around 7am. And decided that today would be the day that I would go to the gym, for the first time in about 3 years. I used to have a gym in the old apartment building that I used to live in, but it was very run down and had one treadmill that worked when it felt like working.
I decided to take advantage of a 7 day pass for LA Fitness that was given to me a few weeks ago. I went, I saw and I conquered! It was an awesome workout, and I thought that I wouldn't last long as I worked up a sweat on the elliptical machine, but it was so exhilarating and my Skrillex tracks were a major motivation. I shot some hoops after doing a few weight machines, it brought me back to my high school days when I was co-captian of the varsity basketball team. Good times....
I went to the supermarket right afterwards to keep my healthy pace on track. Bananas (product of Honduras, of course, the best!) apricots, fresh Romaine lettuce, skirt steak and fresh Fuji apples. I bought this delicious White Chocolate Peanut Butter by Peanut Butter and Co. and I eat it with apples. HIGHLY recommended. I am always bugging my brother because he is allergic to peanut butter and I don't think that he understands what he is missing out on. I actually feel really sorry for him.
Anyways, I paid my groceries and went straight to the post office to drop off some orders that came in during the weekend :)
Stephen was ecstatic when he saw the skirt steak I had purchased, and asked if I could make it then and there. I love my little brother, so I happily obliged to his request.
Skirt Steak, medium well. Texas toast. Buttery corn. Can't beat that.
And for desert, of course, ice cream....Cookies and Cream to be exact. Delishh.

I'm still feeling really good about the event that I participated in yesterday. I was asked on Saturday by a friend that I used to work with to participate in an arts and crafts fair that her church was participating in.
I have participated in about two of these already, and had sworn to myself that I would never spend money on these types of events again. They usually do not go well for me since people go to those places
expecting to find cheap finds and "splurge" on that. Nevertheless, I agreed to go and take my jewelry.
I didn't pay a cent for the table but instead agreed on donating a portion of my earnings to the church. I was there at 7am sharp and left around 2. The sun was brutal, and I was wearing this beautiful cluster necklace and now I have a white ring of skin where my necklace was. It's a pretty funny sun tan. But the event was actually a good outcome! I was pretty happy with the results. I was elated to see how interested people were when they saw my new earrings from my bridal collection. I sold a few of those. I sold many of the old bracelets that I have been trying to get rid of for a while....and for me, that is always an accomplishment to be proud of.

Take a look a these pictures from the event:
Enjoy :)






No comments:

Post a Comment